January 26, 2021Changelog #009
- 🛤 The participant list returned by
participants()(and all events that return a list of participants), now includes a
tracksproperty which gives you a more granular representation of the state of each track. See
participants()docs for more. (Also available in
- 👩 In the prebuilt UI you can now control whether your local video is displayed in the corner, with a setter (
setShowLocalVideo()), a getter (
showLocalVideo()), and a property to pass into factory methods or at meeting join time (
- 👩👩👧👧 Additionally, in the prebuilt UI you can now control whether the participants bar (the row of videos during a screenshare) is displayed, with a setter (
setShowParticipantsBar()), a getter (
showParticipantsBar()), and a property to pass into factory methods or at meeting join time (
- 📛 Added
setUserName()for programmatically setting the user name that other participants see either visually in the prebuilt UI or through the
user_nameproperty in the
participantsobject corresponding to you.
- The new
setInputDevicesAsync()method returns a Promise.
- 📺 Our RTMP streaming backend is now more stable and compatible with more services.
- 🎞 The keyframe interval while live streaming has been dropped from 3 seconds to 2 seconds, in line with ingest stream recommendations on major streaming services.
- 🐛 Fixed a bug where when leaving an iframe-based meeting by clicking the leave button in the iframe, stale participants from that meeting would "linger" in
participants(), necessitating the creation of a new
DailyIframefor a new meeting.
- 🛤 TypeScript declaration fixes for
- 🎨 TypeScript declaration fixes wherever CSS properties are expected.