July 7, 2021Changelog #016
Our revamped mobile Prebuilt
The engineering team has been working diligently to improve your Daily Prebuilt experience, especially on mobile.
Completely redesigned mobile client, including:
- A home page that highlights the active speaker and screen shares.
- Additional pages that can be swiped through to reveal up to 3 remote video feeds.
- A new controller bar at the bottom of the UI which shows page position, participant count, and the name of * the screen sharer.
- Mobile UI now runs exclusively on touch enabled tablets and phones.
- Lots of performance improvements!
- Improved audio playback when a Bluetooth device is disconnected.
- Drastically improved active speaker switching performance on mobile.
- Updated participant bar to prioritize participants with cameras on.
- Participant bar scroll position is now preserved after open/close.
- Fixed issue where the wrong active speaker might be displayed on join, thanks to a bug fix shipped with
- Added new icons for Firefox.
- Updated German translations.
- Fixed issue where a participants’ audio failed to send at join time if the room/token had
start_audio_offand then immediately called
- Fixed an issue with Daily Prebuilt that could cause multiple meeting moves at the start of a call when the lobby is enabled.
- Reduced superfluous error logs generated as fallout from a stale websocket.
- Fixed issue causing
- Self-signed meeting tokens with
is_ownerset to true can now start recordings.