Skip to main content
September 22, 2021
- ✨ Beta ✨ Introduced Deepgram transcription support. Have a look at
startTranscription() to get started.
- 🙈 Added
show-local-video-changed event that fires when a local participant hides or shows their own video element (when the
setShowLocalVideo() method is called).
- 🚢 Shipped
getNetworkTopology() instance method that indicates whether the call is happening over an
"peer" connection type.
- 📱 Launched mobile-friendly
"portrait" layout option for live streaming, where up to two participants will be shown. An additional
variant key may be specified. Valid values are
"vertical" for a vertical grid layout (the default), and
"inset"for having one participant's video take up the entire screen, and the other inset in a smaller rectangle. Participants' videos are scaled and cropped to fit the entire available space. Participants with the
is_owner flag are shown lower in the grid (vertical variant), or full screen (inset variant).
- 🛠 Implemented new
- 💻 Improved device management in settings for cases when browser access hasn't been granted.
- 🛑 Disabled the Record button when a cloud recording has stopped and is in the process of being uploaded.
- 🐛 Other bug fixes and technical debt improvements.
- 📆 Sped up Past Sessions data retrieval by restricting results to the previous 21 days.
- 🎥 Updated Recordings table to only display finished recordings.
- 📝 Added a note to the Create Room page: any participant will be able to start a recording if recording is set at the room level.
- We’re adding a
max_participants property to the data returned from the
/meetings REST API endpoint, so please make sure your client code is ready!