July 29, 2022
In this latest release, we've included several quality-of-life and security improvements. These include new React hooks to retrieve data more efficiently, performance optimizations, and more!
- 🙈 Bugfix: Removed the need for a Babel-specific workaround to avoid
unsafe-evalin the Content Security Policy. For more information, check out our Content Security Policy guide
- 🚀 We've added support for React Native 0.69 and up.
- 🗣️ Speaker view received some performance optimizations by reducing the number of speaker "swaps".
- 💅 Lots of UI polish, as usual, like making sure those extra long names truncate when they should.
- 🐛 Bugfix: Daily Prebuilt on iOS wasn't always resuming your video after switching apps. We fixed this to make sure you can always check other apps without worrying about your video call getting interrupted.
- 🪝 Get the local user's session ID without triggering unnecessary app re-renders using our new custom hook:
- 🙋♀️ Another new custom hook to help reduce re-renders:
useParticipantProperty: The participant object contains a lot of information, so you can use this hook if you only want to watch for changes on a specific property.