Skip to main content
October 28, 2021
- ✨ Beta ✨ Blur participant backgrounds on Daily video calls via a new
inputSettings DailyIframe property or
- ✨ Beta ✨ Determine whether a browser supports background blur by checking the
supportsVideoProcessing property returned by
- 🎥 All
recording-started events now include the type of recording started (
"cloud-beta"). When the type is
recording-started event will also include
startedBy with the participant id of the person who started the recording.
"cloud-beta" recordings will also include the same
layout property as live streaming events.
- ☁️ The
"cloud-beta" recording type now emits
- 🇷🇺 Added Russian language support. Set the DailyIframe
lang property to
"ru", or pass
setDailyLang() to specify Russian as the language of choice.
- ✨ Beta ✨ Toggle background blur participant controls in Daily Prebuilt. The new
enable_video_processing_ui property, avaliable at the room or domain level, displays a UI that allows participants to blur or unblur their backgrounds. This property defaults to
true (showing the controls) if not explicitly set to
- 📜 Chat history is now visible to all participants during a call, even if they join after the call (and witty side banter) started.
- 🎥 Added support for
- 🙅♀️ Improved Safari 15 blocked device handling.
- 🤳 Updated the tray buttons and Leave button locations on mobile.
- 🔘 Improved usability of the Share and Record stop buttons.
- 🐛 Other bug fixes and improvements.
- 🌫 Enable or disable
enable_video_processing_ui for your domain or room to toggle beta background blur controls in Daily Prebuilt.
- 🇷🇺 Set
"ru" as the language for a room.