October 28, 2021
- ✨ Beta ✨ Blur participant backgrounds on Daily video calls via a new
inputSettingsDailyIframe property or
- ✨ Beta ✨ Determine whether a browser supports background blur by checking the
supportsVideoProcessingproperty returned by
- 🎥 All
recording-startedevents now include the type of recording started (
"cloud-beta"). When the type is
recording-startedevent will also include
startedBywith the participant id of the person who started the recording.
"cloud-beta"recordings will also include the same
layoutproperty as live streaming events.
- ☁️ The
"cloud-beta"recording type now emits
- 🇷🇺 Added Russian language support. Set the DailyIframe
"ru", or pass
setDailyLang()to specify Russian as the language of choice.
- ✨ Beta ✨ Toggle background blur participant controls in Daily Prebuilt. The new
enable_video_processing_uiproperty, avaliable at the room or domain level, displays a UI that allows participants to blur or unblur their backgrounds. This property defaults to
true(showing the controls) if not explicitly set to
- 📜 Chat history is now visible to all participants during a call, even if they join after the call (and witty side banter) started.
- 🎥 Added support for
- 🙅♀️ Improved Safari 15 blocked device handling.
- 🤳 Updated the tray buttons and Leave button locations on mobile.
- 🔘 Improved usability of the Share and Record stop buttons.
- 🐛 Other bug fixes and improvements.