With just a few lines of code, developers can embed HIPAA compliant video calls. We designed our APIs to be secure and compliant from the ground up, so we will sign a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA). Our infrastructure and our extensive features scale with you. And we are happy to help you get started with sample code and engineering help.
Please read these sections, to understand how compliance works:
- Mandatory: Compliance requirements & Violation warning
- HIPAA compliance & technical architecture
- Get started: how to turn on compliance
We are glad to answer any questions about compliance. Ping us! And our answers can be more insightful if you can provide context on your use case. We also are happy to schedule a call.
The below is required for HIPAA compliance:
- We must turn on compliance for your account — ask us to enable this.
- HIPAA compliance is part of our Scale plan, $199/mo. We can set you up with a free trial.
- Embed video calls using our front-end js library. You must use the wrapper library to be compliant.
A video call link that is not embedded is not compliant. If a video call link is opened in a browser where it is not embedded with the Daily.co API JS library, you are in violation of compliance.
- See our overview blog post on HIPAA compliance
- For more details, please read our detailed blog post by our CEO and lead engineer Kwin.
- Our engineering team is always happy to answer questions about our architecture compliance.
- Heads up: please keep in mind recording and chat are turned off in our HIPAA version! Learn why.
- HIPAA compliance requires our Launch $199/mo upgrade. Learn more about pricing.
- We are happy to give a 30-day upgrade to our Scale plan, so you can test compliance for free.
- Sign up and claim your subdomain at https://daily.co.
- Generate your API key. (That's free.)
- Fill out this form. You'll tell us:
- What domain you want compliance for
- Confirm you understand the wrapper library requirements
- Touch base on a BAA
- When you want to use your free trial
- During implementation, use our JS library to embed calls.
Let us know if you'd like to touch base on our roadmap, and what other features or help we can provide. Contact us anytime!
Updated 2 months ago