With just a few lines of code, developers can embed HIPAA compliant video calls. We designed our APIs to be secure and compliant from the ground up, so we will sign a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA). Our infrastructure lets you scale, and our blog posts and tutorials help you get support. You also can reach us for support.
Please read these sections, to understand how compliance works:
- Mandatory: Compliance requirements & Violation warning
- HIPAA compliance & technical architecture
- Pricing & free trial
- Get started: how to turn on compliance
We are glad to answer any questions about compliance. Ping us! And our answers can be more insightful if you can provide context on your use case. We also are happy to schedule a call.
The below is required for HIPAA compliance:
- HIPAA compliance is part of our Scale plan, $199/mo. Please upgrade. Fill out this quick form. We'll then refund your payment, so you get a free 30-day trial.
- We must turn on compliance for your account, and confirm it's done. (The free trial and compliance form are the same. Once you fill it out, we'll follow up in 1 business day.)
- Embed video calls using our front-end js library. You must use the wrapper library to be compliant.
Please be aware that certain features are turned off in HIPAA. See below.
A video call link that is not embedded is not compliant. If a video call link is opened in a browser where it is not embedded with the Daily API JS library, you are in violation of compliance.
- See our overview blog post on HIPAA compliance
- For more details, please read our detailed blog post by our CEO and lead engineer Kwin.
- Our engineering team is always happy to answer questions about our architecture compliance.
When you turn on HIPAA compliance for your video calls, we turn off features that could compromise PHI and PII. Learn more.
Please note if you are enabling compliance, turning on HIPAA will disrupt feature support noted below! Room names will be affected.
- Recording is not enabled on a HIPAA domain.
- Chat is not enabled on a HIPAA domain.
- It's not possible to pick your own room names under HIPAA domains. Instead, you must either generate rooms programmatically via API requests, or use the dashboard to auto-generate rooms.
- Rooms must be named randomly by our API in order to prevent room name information from including any PII or PHI.
- HIPAA compliance requires our Launch $199/mo upgrade. Learn more about pricing.
- We are happy to give a 30-day free trial. Please upgrade. When you fill out your form requesting compliance, we'll also refund your upgrade. See the form.
- Sign up and claim your subdomain at https://daily.co.
- Generate your API key. (That's free.)
- Upgrade to Scale.
- Fill out this form.
- In 1 business day, we refund your upgrade for a 30-day free trial, and also enable HIPAA compliance for your subdomain. We will confirm this is done.
- During implementation, use our JS library to embed calls.
Let us know if you'd like to touch base on our roadmap, and what other features or help we can provide. Contact us anytime!
Updated 14 days ago