Experiment in the dashboard
We designed the dashboard as a sort of playground for you to get to know Daily and experiment with call features. One of the first things you can do from the dashboard is create a Daily room URL.
Opening a Daily room URL directly in your web browser is the fastest way to test out Daily Prebuilt, our ready-to-use, embeddable video chat interface. After creating the room URL in the dashboard, you can open it in a new browser tab to immediately test Daily’s video call interface.
Jump in: Go to the dashboard
- Go to https://dashboard.daily.co. Make sure you've signed up for an account if you haven't already.
- Click the "Rooms" tab in the left rail.
- Click the "Create Room" button in the top-right corner.
- Configure the room settings.
- Click "Create room".
- Copy the URL to your clipboard, and paste it in a new browser tab.
There are two user roles on a Daily team:
- Team member
|View API key
|Regenerate API key
|Make billing updates
|View domain usage
|View session details
|Change room settings
|Access API logs
|See members table
Admins of a Daily domain can invite and remove teammates in the "Settings" tab of the dashboard.
To add a member, send them an invite link:
- Click "Settings" tab.
- Click "Add member" button.
- A modal with an invite link pops up. Copy and send the link to teammates.
- Click on the "⋮" to the right of the member's name and click "Change role...".
- Select between Admin and Member.
- Click "Change role" to confirm.
- Click on the "⋮" to the right of the member's name and click "Remove member...".
- Confirm you'd like to remove the member by clicking the "Yes, remove member" button.