What to do next
To add more advanced settings to your Daily app, we recommend starting with meeting tokens to control room access, and with events to respond to things that happen during your calls.
Meeting tokens control who can access rooms and what features are enabled for each user. They can be configured with many properties.
Lots of things can happen on a Daily call: participants join and leave, share their screens, etc. Daily events fire when any of these changes happen. You can create event listeners that respond to these changes to customize your call experience.
You can find all of our tutorials and guides on our blog. Here are some of our favorites:
- Get started with the Daily API: dives more in depth into our REST API.
- Building a custom video chat app with React: a full custom video chat interface walkthrough.
- Add advanced security to video chats with the Daily API: more ways to use the Daily API to add an extra layer of security to your calls.
- An introduction to live streaming with Daily: learn how to livestream events using Daily.
- Deploy a Daily.co backend Node.js server instantly: keep your apps secure with an instant backend built on Glitch.
And, of course, you can always dive into our full reference documentation.