Build a custom video chat interface
Daily's Client SDKs are a direct line to the Daily API. They give you the finest-grained control over a video call, letting you access and manipulate its lowest-level foundations, like participant video and audio tracks. Accessing these call primitives gives you precise control over where to place each element in your app. It leaves the video call UI entirely up to you.
Daily provides client SDKs for a variety of platforms:
- Client SDK for React
- Client SDK for React Native
- Client SDK for Android
- Client SDk for iOS
Daily's Client SDKs are the best choice when you need to build a completely custom video or audio-only chat experience.
Below is a list of reference docs and guides for key features that are often implemented with the client SDKs. For additional resources, see the Daily blog for tutorial content, as well as Daily's guide index.
- Screen sharing
- Active speaker and grid layout modes
- Text chat
- Participant list
- Network analytics display
- Localized interfaces
- Live streaming
- HIPAA compliance
- Demonstrates how to build a custom multi-participant video call UI with a control panel for managing local devices and screen sharing
- Includes a prejoin UI with device management before joining the call
- Uses Daily React, which we recommend for all React apps using Daily
- Tutorial series available
- The same feature set is available in alternate frameworks, such as:
Clubhouse clone (audio-only app)
For a fuller list of available client SDK tutorials, see the Daily blog's section on custom apps
Daily's Client SDKs provide developers with a full suite of customizations for building video or audio-only apps.
- Customizable video chat interface
- Direct access to video and audio track data
- Ability to create custom video and audio tracks
- Built-in bandwidth management
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Electron compatible
- Compatible with React Native